Don't give up!
Pet Search and Rescue: Southern Division Lost Pet Help
Lost Pet Hope & Help
Pet Search and Rescue: Southern Division is based in Florida and includes the surrounding Southern States in our service area. We offer coaching via email and phone, and on a limited basis in-person. If you have a lost pet, please call Susan Long direct at: 850-737-1348
Pet Search and Rescue offers assistance via phone and in-person searches on a limited basis in all of the Southern States, including: Nueces County lost pets, Austin County lost pets, Brazoria County lost pets, Chambers County lost pets, Fort Bend County lost pets, Miami-Dade County, and Galveston County lost pets, Harris County lost pets, Liberty County lost pets, Montgomery County lost pets, and Waller County lost pets. We do not provide Private Investigator services in the Southern States. If you contact us about pet theft or other pet cases that are beyond pet services that we provide, we will refer you to a licensed private investigator in the state your pet is missing in.
“The best dedicated team to find your lovely pet. Thank you so much for bringing back the joy of my life.”
– Bubba, Austin, Texas
How We Help
We Cover All of These Southern States Including:
South Carolina – Limited Basis
Arkansas – Limited Basis
Louisiana – Limited Basis
Texas – Limited Basis
New Mexico – LImited Basis
From K9 Handler Susan Long About Hope
Don’t Give Up
Our Lost Pet Services Include
Checklists & Tip Sheets
Brainstorming New Ideas
Florida K9 Handler
Serving Pet Search and Rescue: Southern Division
Case Example in Texas
“When we lost our dog Wolfie, we were afraid we’d never see him again. We received a few false leads which wasted days of our time searching in the wrong areas. Then, we contacted Susan, and she responded quickly. She encouraged us to stay calm and be patient. Susan and her dogs found Wolfie’s trail immediately. They tracked Wolfie for three days, and gave us a real lead. We soon found Wolfie in the exact area she pinpointed. After being lost for eleven days, our beloved Wolfie is home!”
Southern Region Lost Pet Resources & Tips
SPCA of Texas https://www.spca.org/
Gulf Coast Humane Society http://www.gchscc.org/
The Humane Society of Central Texas provides adoption, rescue and foster opportunities for the homeless animals. http://humanesocietycentraltexas.org/
If your pet was STOLEN or you need help with INVESTIGATIONS we can refer you to a licensed private investigator. You can find licensed Private Investigators in Texas here: https://www.tali.org/
- Network with churches – ask for them to include your lost pet in the Sunday prayers and on their social media page. Put flyers on car windows in parking lots on Sundays to reach lots of people.
- Talk to your immediate neighbors – don’t just put a flyer in their mailbox. You need to ask them questions and ask for permission to search their property for your lost pet.
- Don’t stop your search too close. In many parts of Texas there is farmland and large rural areas. Pets can get further away. Don’t just look close to home.
- Offer a specific dollar amount reward.
- Beware of spiders! Texas has lots of spiders – and some bite! You don’t want to be at the hospital instead of out searching for your pet!
- Get the word out – any way you can! Specifically in Southern Texas we had great luck with turning our Search Car into moving advertising using window markers or contact a sign shop for vinyl signs or letters.
Get Help Now!